O.N.E. Extension is the onboarding program for Ohio State University Extension. We provide a cohort-based model to welcome you to the organization, connect you to a network of peers, mentors and leadership, and help you excel in your position. Our goals are to:
- Provide a common experience for all Extension employees to have the knowledge and resources needed to engage and succeed within the organization
- Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and community engagement
- Establish connections and relationships with a cohort of peers, potential mentors/guides, and Extension Administration
- Clarify job roles, responsibilities and expectations, and applicable policies and procedures
- Model best practices and effective techniques for teaching, communication, and work performance
Draft agenda: Fall 2021 draft agenda
For more information, contact Jared email@example.com or Amanda firstname.lastname@example.org
Extension Administration will fund the program including on-site costs and facilitators. Counties will cover any applicable travel expenses to and from meeting sites. In the event a participant needs to stay overnight, please follow all university travel policies. Visit extops.cfaes.ohio-state.edu/extension-finance/job-aids for more information or job aids for travel policy and procedures.
Who Should Attend
At this time, most new Extension personnel will be invited to participate. Any Extension personnel who are required to complete the Navigating for Success program will not complete the ONE Extension program (e.g. SNAP-Ed and EFNEP program assistants and program coordinators).
- ONE Extension will be an 11-week program with two (2) live, in-person sessions, three (3) live, virtual sessions, and six (6) asynchronous learning modules with discussion groups.
- The program will emphasize a cohort-based approach to help establish a network for new employees. Thus, participants are expected to attend all live sessions and complete asynchronous work and are required to attend four out of the five live sessions.
- Participants may choose either of the two available cohorts.
- All in-person sessions (unless otherwise noted) will be held at the Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center, 2201 Fred Taylor Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43210