New Hire Survey (go.osu.edu/newhiresurvey) - ALL new hires should complete this survey.
O.N.E. Extension is the onboarding program for Ohio State University Extension. We provide a cohort-based model to welcome you to the organization, connect you to a network of peers, mentors, and leadership, and help you excel in your position. Our goals are to:
- Provide a common experience for all Extension employees to have the knowledge and resources needed to engage and succeed within the organization
- Instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and community engagement
- Establish connections and relationships with a cohort of peers, potential mentors/guides, and Extension Administration
- Clarify job roles, responsibilities and expectations, and applicable policies and procedures
- Model best practices and effective techniques for teaching, communication, and work performance
For ALL new hires, complete the New Hire Survey (go.osu.edu/newhiresurvey). This will include registration for the ONE Extension program (onboarding) and the MINE Program (mentoring)
Hiring managers, here are two documents to help you welcome your new hires:
Upcoming ONE Extension Cohorts include:
- Spring, 2023 (Tuesdays March 7- April 18)
- March 7, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
- March 14, Zoom, 1pm-3:30pm
- March 21, Asynchronous (Canvas)
- March 28, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
- April 4, Zoom, 1pm-3:30pm
- April 11, Asynchronous (canvas)
- April 18, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
- Fall, 2023 (Tuesdays September 5, 2023 - October 17, 2023)
- September 5, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
- September 12, Zoom, 1pm-3:30pm
- September 19, Asynchronous (Canvas)
- September 26, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
- October 3, Zoom, 1pm-3:30pm
- October 10, Asynchronous (canvas)
- October 17, In-person, 4-H Center (Columbus), 9am-3:30pm
Extension Administration will fund the program including on-site costs and facilitators. Counties will cover any applicable travel expenses to and from meeting sites. In the event a participant needs to stay overnight, please follow all university travel policies. Visit extops.cfaes.ohio-state.edu/extension-finance/job-aids for more information or job aids for travel policy and procedures.
At this time, most new Extension personnel will be invited to participate. Any Extension personnel who are required to complete the Navigating for Success program will not complete the ONE Extension program (e.g. SNAP-Ed and EFNEP program assistants and program coordinators).
- ONE Extension is a 6-week program with in-person, live Zoom, and asynchronous Canvas modules.
- The program is a cohort-based approach to help establish a network for new employees. Thus, participants are expected to attend all live sessions and complete asynchronous work.
- Participants may choose either of the two available cohorts.