2019 Support Staff Conference: Connect. Learn. Engage.
May 30, 2019
Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
8:00-9:00 am - Registration and Networking
9:00 am-3:45 pm - Formal Agenda
All Ohio State University Extension staff in office, administrative or program support roles are invited to attend this full-day professional development opportunity designed specifically for them. With several applicable breakout sessions, plenty of time for networking and an inspiring keynote, this is sure to be an impactful day.
Registration will be open May 2-16 through a Qualtrics registration. A list from the HR system was obtained and all support staff should receive a personal invitation email on May 2. If you do not see this invitation email, please contact Jared email@example.com, so you can be added to the list.
The cost to attend will not exceed $40, but we are doing all we can to reduce as much as possible. For official approval, all registrants will need an eRequest for attendance/payment. Submit the eRequest for Internal Order using the vendor "OSU Extension Event Services." Registrants may submit individually, or as groups, as long as each person is listed as a separate line item on the eRequest.
Anticipated Session Topics (details are still emerging. Exact titles and specific content may adjust slightly, however, this list should be close to final form):
- Extension Operations Fiscal and CFAES Service Center
- Extension Operations and Fiscal Part II (separate topic from above)
- Marketing, Branding and Templates
- Dealing with Difficult Situtaions and People
- Qualtrics: Application for Support Staff
- Microsoft Office Tips: Word and Powerpoint
Optional networking activity - Wednesday, April 29, 2019
Join us as we knot blankets, play board games, munch on snacks, and enjoy the company of other support staff members. This informal gathering will be available from 4:00-8:00pm on May 29 in the 4-H Center. Drop in anytime and stay as long as you like. Did we mention snacks and dinner? Feel free to bring a snack to share (optional) or chip in with your fellow staff members to order pizza for a 6:30pm meal, if interested. Hope you can join us!
- Who: Support Staff who will be on campus the evening before the In-service
- What: Snacks, board games, no-sew blanket making (Project Linus)
- Where: 4-H Center (room TBD)
- When: 4:00-8:00pm, May 29; Pizza order for approximately 6:30pm
- Feel free to drop in anytime and stay as long as you like.
- Optional cost: A snack to share and the cost to chip in for pizza, if interested
- Why: to gather with other Support Staff in a casual environment
Courtesy blocks have been established at the two hotels listed below. If needed, additional hotels can be found on the University Hospitality District web page: uhdcolumbus.com
Please note: attendees are responsible for making their own reservations. This information is for awareness/information only.
Hampton Inn and Suites - University Area
Address: 3160 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
Booking Information: Call 614-268-8700 and use Group Code ESS. Must book no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2019
Hilton Garden Inn - University Area
Address: 3232 Olentangy River Rd, Columbus, OH 43202
Booking Information: Call 614-263-7200 and use Group Code OESS. Must book no later than Wednesday, May 15, 2019.