Human Subjects and the Institutional Review Board (IRB)
So, what is IRB?
- IRB is the Institutional Review Board
- Ohio State and all institutions receiving government support of research must have a board in place to protect the rights and well being of participants in certain research/evaluation activities.
- BUCK – IRB NEWS
- IRB Newsletters -- To view archived newsletters. The August 2004 issue is an especially good newsletter to view to learn more about IRB.
- Office of Responsible Research Practices Home Page
- Behavioral/Social Sciences Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Calendar of IRB meeting dates
- What is exempt research?
- CITI Training - if you want to do a research/ evaluation project that could be published or presented, you must submit the appropriate IRB application, and you must complete an on-line training for the Social and Behavioral Track.
- Qualifications for Service as a Principal Investigator
- Buck-IRB Online Portal Information about and access to submitting an application for IRB review
For additional information, contact:
Cynthia Torppa, Director, Learning and Organizational Development